Mr Ashpole is a consultant neurosurgeon covering the whole range of adult neurosurgical practice including head injury, subarachnoid haemorrhage and brain and spinal tumours. He also has special interests in lumbar and cervical spinal conditions (the lower back and neck respectively) and in particular in cervical arthroplasty (artificial discs in the neck), as well as various types of hydrocephalus and cerebrospinal fluid circulation problems in adults.
FEATURE 1: This shows a new training model demonstrating the technique of inserting an artificial cervical disc (cervical arthroplasty) using new instrumentation designed and developed by NeurodesignLtd in conjunction with Scient’x/Alphatec. Read more here...
He treats the following conditions;
• Lumbar disc disease (slipped disc)
• Lumbar canal stenosis (spinal narrowing)
• Spinal tumours
• Cervical disc disease (slipped disc in the neck)
• Brachalgia (arm pain due to spinal disc disease)
• Cervical canal stenosis (spinal narrowing in the neck)
• Hydrocephalus and Chiari anomalies
• Brain tumours
• Subarachnoid haemorrhage
• Head injuries
FEATURE 2: This is a video X-ray of patient having undergone the insertion of three artificial discs in their neck; demonstrating the movement of the discs in both the side and frontal planes.